SAVE THE DATE – Derby Day is Saturday, May 5, 2018!
Named one of the best Derby parties in the nation in 2013, 2014, and 2016!
Derby Day – the first Saturday in May!
Derby Day benefits Georgia’s first and only county-wide conservancy. As the Madison-Morgan Conservancy’s only fundraiser, it’s your opportunity to support our work by sponsoring or attending the event. Don’t miss this annual favorite and sellout every year as we gather for a live viewing of the Kentucky Derby, a traditional Derby supper, bourbon tastings, a live auction, and much more!
Special Thanks to our Derby Day 2017 Sponsors!
Derby Day 2017 (Saturday, May 6, 2017) was hosted by Lyn and Whitey Hunt at their c.1875 historic Godfrey-Hunt House. As one of Madison’s grandest historic properties, it is one of only a few homes in Madison owned by the same family since its construction. It’s also the only house in Madison to be remodeled by renowned Georgia Architect, Neel Reid (1922). This distinguished home, with its high-style architecture and gracious grounds, was the ideal backdrop for party-goers to enjoy.
4:30 – 6:20 PM
- Mint juleps and Hors d’Oeuvres
- Live streaming of the Kentucky Derby Coverage
- Two Bourbon Tastings, reservations required (4:45 and 5:45 PM)
- Derby Dash, weather permitting (5:30 PM)
- Kentucky Derby Raffle
- Kentucky Derby – the most exciting two minutes in sports
6:30 – 9:00 PM
- Derby Buffet Supper, by Epting Events
- Best Dressed and Best Hat Winners Announced
- Derby Dash Raffle Drawing
- Kentucky Derby Raffle Drawing
- Live Auction
4:30 – 9:00 PM
- Open Bar, Beer & Wine
- Beer Garden, with select local beers
We invite you to support the unique mission of Georgia’s first countywide conservancy by sponsoring Derby Day 2018! Contact the Conservancy office for more information (706) 818-8046 or info@mmcGeorgia.org.
View Derby Day 2017 Photos