The workshop is full. Please contact us if you would like to be added to the waiting list.
The Conservancy hosts the longest-running annual conservation easement workshop in the state. Now in our 13th year, we are partnering with the Georgia-Alabama Land Trust (Accredited) and the Atlanta Chapter Appraisal Institute to bring you this timely workshop designed to facilitate continuing education for professionals working in the conservation easement industry.
This year’s workshop will be held Thursday, September 21, 2017, at Burge Plantation from 8am to 5pm.
Continuing Education is available for Lawyers, Real Estate Professionals, CPAs, and Foresters:
- 7 Regular hrs, including 1 Ethics hr CLE for Lawyers (approved)
- 7 hrs Real Estate CE for Appraisers, Brokers, Salespeople (approved)
- 6 hrs Category 2 CFE for Foresters (approved)
- CPE credit also available for CPAs
Topics and Speakers include:
- Protecting Conservation Purpose for Public Benefit: Katherine Eddin | Georgia-Alabama Land Trust
- The Tax Component of Conservation Easements: Stephanie Surles | Howard, Moore, & McDuffie, P.C.
- Conservation Easement Case Law Review: Hal Robinson | Georgia-Alabama Land Trust
- Lunch – by Chef Andrew Featherstone who sources most of the meal from Burge Organic Farm. Delish!
- Tax Strategies for Land Protection: Jack Sawyer | Alston & Bird
- Appraisals for Conservation Easements: J. Carl Schultz | Integra Realty Resources
- The Land Trust Alliance Standards and Practices: Kevin Brice | Land Trust Alliance, SE Region
- Ethical and Professional Considerations of Conservation Transactions: Katherine Eddins | Georgia-Alabama Land Trust
- $300/person registering for continuing education
- $265/person registering without continuing education
Given the feedback we received from last year’s workshop, we have reduced the maximum capacity and included longer breaks and a non-working lunch to facilitate your networking opportunities. Thank you for your feedback each year – you’re helping us make this workshop better every year.